Yay for baby girl Orcutt who is cooking right along at nearly 20 weeks! We are very excited for the little lady to come into our lives in just a few short months. I feel like the revealing has gone one for a couple of weeks now, but it's been fun providing "special deliveries" of cakes & cupcakes to family and friends. Originally we thought we would have a party for everyone but then the summer months hit and we realized scheduling was going to be not so easy.
SOOoo, it's been fun drawing the revealing out for the past few weeks. Mike & I found out on the night of our anniversary while vacationing in Telluride (more to come on that later). I snuck away for a quick ultrasound the day before we left and it took all my might NOT to open the envelope. I had it in my possession for a whole 36 hours but managed to restrain myself. For a moment I thought "maybe I could just carry this little sealed nugget around for the rest of the term..." And then reality set in and there was NO WAY I was going to wait another day.
Mikey had no clue was in store for him. I called ahead to inform the restaurant manager that we'd be celebrating our anniversary but also to let him in our little secret. Since Mike isn't a sweets lover I decided it would be fun to do the revealing at the beginning of the dinner. The manager was AWESOME- he spent his afternoon coming up with 2 different "mocktail" concoctions- one pink, and one blue. When we arrived I slipped him the envelope and he went to work. After we were seated I handed Miguel our anniversary card and it it were some pics of the baby (non-gender revealing pics) and a note informing him that a special delivery was on its way to our table!
When the manager arrived he carried with him a shaker and 2 martini glasses. He left the shaker with us and when we were ready we poured away to find out the destiny of our little tater-to-be. And sure enough that mocktail was pink!
And the festivities kept going from there. The same weekend we had a cake made with pink frosting in the middle and let Mom, Wayne & Julia cut into it to find out. Mom made a delicious roast and Julia, Laney & I toasted with sparkling "kid wine" :) I think Bopper is very excited to meet her new niece :)
| Yay, Aunty Bopper! |
| Grammy Cathy enjoying the little girly cake :) |
Next stop was Omaha to visit Dad & the family. We jam-packed 2 days full of birthday parties, trips to Lincoln with Uncle Dan & Aunt Joni to visit our favorite wing spot in the world with, and just plain-old hanging out. The night before we left we celebrated Dad's birthday and uncle Jacob got to cut the cake this time. Grandma Alice thought for sure it would be a boy - so did Dad :)
| Look at that svelte Jacobo. Down 50 pounds...that's like 2 toddlers! |
| Happy Birthday, Dad! We made his favorite, German Chocolate Cake. |
| Pink! |
| Soon-to-be proud Grandpa |


1 comment:
Love it!!!
Post a Comment