Friday, June 15, 2012

Is that a kick??!!

Now that I am officially 20 weeks (yay!) I find myself straining for the opportunity to feel little Miss O moving around in there.  So far she has been ever-so-dainty but two nights ago I felt a couple of little "pokes" coming from inside of my tummy.  I was sleeping and for some reason suddenly awoke just in time to feel it quickly twice then once a gain a few moments later.  The next morning at the office I felt the same thing.

Could this finally be a sign of life from within?  So far I have been blessed with an incredibly easy pregnancy.  No horrific morning sickness symptoms or extreme exhaustion.  If it were not for this slowly increasing bump of a belly I would probably be running to the doctor every week asking for another ultrasound to "make sure there is still a little peanut in there..."  Maybe this is a sign that she will be a sweet little angle baby?!  A mother can hope...

On the other hand maybe I should be cherishing the time I still have "to myself."  If our last ultrasound was any indication of what her flippers are going to look like I am in for a loooong summer. Check out these toes!  By the looks of it she inherited the long Orcutt toes from her Daddy.  Maybe she'll be a strong swimmer :)

 
Even the ultra sound technician had a comment.  When she was doing the 20-week check up she said, "Oh look here is a sweet little foot!  Oh wait, hm....my, those are long toes!"  haha.

No comments: