Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Wedding Train 2010!

All Aboard!
Four down and another around the corner! We kicked off another fine wedding season this year with the start of the Ghidelli/Seals festival in Fresno, CA. My little Jenna married her man and in true Theta fashion the ELC's got the party started (and kept it going...)

The beautiful bride - G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S!

Now, whose bright idea is this...

There he is! Oh Cass-a-Sass! That is one of the best booties I have ever danced with... ever
I love ET...
And on to wedding #2! Congrats to Kim & Joe Laux!
The wedding was at the amazing home of the U-Haul family in Paradise Valley, AZ - such a fun venue with old FLW architecture. There were SAE's abound and we had such an outstanding time. Congrats to Joe & Kim!

Ah, yes. Before the festivities begin...so put together, are we!

Brian & Nicole (PS- stay tuned for their wedding details in 3 short months!)

Ladies! Lock at all those man-types!
Best Buddies Ever. Thankfully Luke is now getting his stoutly looks back... no more strange skinny man...

And last but not lease. I am taking numbers on this fine lad... yes, that's right...he's single and ready to make your life complete. The name's Evan and he enjoys a good 80's tune, fresh breath, and fine scotch in his left hand.

GO BIG RED! A wedding, Lincoln, NE style:
I was kicking myself for not bringing my cowboy boots. This one was a blast and had the perfect ingredients for a fantastic time:
  • We knew 2 people: the bride & the groom
  • Dinner: Meat, potatoes, keg beer
  • Venue: Down & dirty country dance hall
  • Attire: No tie? No khaki? No problem!
  • Music: Garth, George, Rascal Flats, Tim... do I need to go any further?
  • Only regret: I didn't take ANY photos?!! Who does that??!

And to top it all off we enjoyed a fantastic birthday party for Daddy-o, and the best wings on the face of this earth: http://www.yelp.com/biz/watering-hole-lincoln

No trip to Nebraska is complete without a visit by Joey. Here is a glimpse into his world: rewind to last election period. Picture Joey diligently working on the latest 1st grade project. Now, picture Joey standing on his chair, politely asking for everyones attention, including the teacher. "Excuse me, everyone. My apologies for the interruption, I just have a quick announcement to make." "I wanted you all to know that one day I will be the president, and you can all be my friends." Now hear the little voice that comes from a female (admirer??) in the back of the room, "well, I would vote for you, Joe!" Yes, he's a Vollmer.


Last Stop- Liz Bush & Scott Weiss York, PA
First, I must start by stating - Mike has been talking about soft-shell crab and Philly cheese steaks for y-e-a-r-s. To be fair, every time the Food Network shows Pat's or Gino's I can't help but feel the moisture build on my palette and two words inevitably forms in my head "cheese whiz." Mmmmm. So we saw this fantastic trip to the east coast as an outstanding opportunity for culinary gloriousness. It all started with a big bad soft shell crab sandwich for Belgian Thursday's in one of Baltimore's many pubs...


It had no chance...

Okay, so there IS more to Baltimore than food and drink (I know, I didn't believe either....). This awesome place right on the water is the home of the Baltimore Aquarium, which includes a huge indoor rain forest. Pretty awesome...



This little guy is one of many poisonous dart fogies- he is tiny! Also, very Powerful!

Our next stop was fantastic Philly where we made a b-line to Pat's and enjoyed every meaningful second of quasi-beef, hot peppers, and cheesy goodness. After doing our best to walk off the extra 10 pounds gained from said cheese steak we indulged at Iron Chef Morimoto's place "Morimoto." It was amazing and the architecture was fantastico.

Now, back to the food/beer theme. This little number is called "Bube's Brewery" and is one of the oldest still working breweries in America. The old wood barrels were still in working order. See Mikey drinking from the spout below... the little dare devil :)


And last but certainly not least, the real reason we were in PA.... the Weiss wedding! The venue was an old mansion turned private party venue and it was gorgeous! All you Arizonan's out there, eat your heart out at that greenery! Only a couple of pics because the second the ceremony ended, the flood gates opened and it p-o-u-r-e-d the rest of the evening. Jackie + humidity+ wet hair is not good for pics...
Don't say I didn't warn you... eeek!
Next up- Brian Ford & Nicole White...stay tuned for more fun details!

No comments: