Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Boy? or Girl? Party!

We recently went to our first "Is-it-a-boy-or-a-girl-party" at our friends Corey & Mina's house and I thought it was so cute I had to make a quick post.  First, it was incredibly thoughtful of them to include us in their special moment.  The first go around they decided to wait until the birth of their baby to find out the sex and out came little Alex, cute as can be!  This time they decided it would be fun to know the sex before hand but they still wanted to celebrate the surprise element.

Cue the party and lots of excited friends and family members.  In order to prepare for the party, Corey & Mina had their doctor write the sex of the baby on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope.  They immediately delivered the envelope to a local baker and asked them to make the inner frosting filling of cupcakes either pink or blue, depending on the sex.  On the day of the party, we all watched as they cut into their cupcakes and found out the sex of their new little one- so exciting!
 Corey mixed up a mean long island iced tea...seriously I haven't had one since college and it was strong!  How did I drink so many of those so long ago??

 Alex was excited when Mommy & Daddy told him he was going to have a new sibling.

Aaaannnndddddd, it is a GIRL!



Mina was so excited - it was very sweet :)
Thanks again Richters and congrats!

No comments: